So if you haven't heard the news, Wonder Woman has been cast for the Man of Steel Sequel. Gal Gadot, most notable from The Fast and Furious series will be dawning the bracelets and tiara. What do I feel about this? I'm about 70% on board with this.
Now, no matter what people say NOW, we can't really form a concrete opinion until we see the movie. so, here are my personal pros and cons with this casting choice.
- She has the face for Wonder Woman. She's gorgeous. She looks a bit like Monica Bellucci who is my model for when I draw WW. So thumbs up to that.
- She has an accent- and it's not British. Wonder Woman comes from an exotic island tied to Greek mythology. Gal Gadot is Israeli, whose accent is closer to Greek than the standard portrayal of British accents in many movies.
- She's fit. I heard she was a sports trainer for the Israeli defense forces, so she can put on some more muscle for the role.
- She's a bit on the skinny side right now- but again, bulking up isn't an obstacle. Remember when Christian Bale was announced as Batman? His latest movie at the time was the Machinist where he weighed 45 pounds.
- She's an untested actress with no major screen roles. Can she carry her own movie/ franchise?
This is what we know. Until we see the movie, this kind of stuff is like Schrodinger's cat. It could end up a horrible casting choice or this could be a stroke of genius. We can only wait and see when the movie comes out.
P.S. This doesn't effect my opinion on her, but this movie is starting to feel a little crowded. Shy don't they go ahead and call it the Justice League movie like they originally intended?
P.S.S. The Amazing Spider-man 2 trailer is great. Lots to see, but that movie also looks a bit crowded.
P.S.S.S. They're going to do an Age of Apocalypse movie to follow Days of Future Past. The studio must really like what Bryan Singer is doing right now.